LCHF Hard Caramel Candy
It has been a long time since I have posted anything – and I am so sorry! I have just been so busy and preoccupied with other stuff – but at all times have I had this blog in the back of my mind. And this post is a REAL treat: Hard Caramel Candy that will melt in your mouth!
This recipe is really just a share – or a translation – of a recipe I found on the site of one of my favorite Danish bloggers, Kathe Rav. Her blog – www.ravfood.com – is a great inspiration and this recipe in its original form can be found here.
The candy is just absolutely to die for! It has this nutty, creamy caramel taste – and even though it is hard at first, it softens up in the mouth. No weird aftertaste of any kind, I’m guessing not many people would be able to tell that it is sugar free. And on top of all that: they are very easy to make!
- 200 g Sukrin Fiber Syrup Gold
- 1.7 fl oz heavy cream
- 50 g butter
- 120 g coarsely chopped nuts (I used 1/3 almonds, 1/3 cashews and 1/3 pistachios)
- A pinch of salt
- Mix Fiber Syrup Gold, butter and cream in a small pot and boil gently until it thickens and becomes like caramel. Estimated time is 15-20 mins but keep an eye on it. I had the heat on too low in the beginning and was starting to wonder if it would ever thicken but I also didn’t want it to burn or darken too much
- Add the nuts and a pinch of salt to the pot
- Stir while boiling – it will quickly become a sticky mass. Pour onto a piece of parchment paper
- Fold the edges of the parchment paper around the caramel mass and – using a cutting board or similar – press the mass to 1/4 inch thickness
- Place in refrigerator. The mass can almost immediately be cut into candies of your desired size
- I keep mine in the fridge, wrapped in parchment paper…..but I doubt they’ll outlast this day;-)
I got about 30 large pieces of candy out of this recipe. This means that each piece of candy will have about 1 net carb.